Norma’s Keto in a Coulee Progress
Hello Week Three! So I am absolutely loving this keto lifestyle, and I am so happy to blog my progress to share with all of you. It definitely helps me with accountability issues as well as keeping me motivated.
Highlight of my week – Today (Saturday) I had the pleasure of going on a road trip with my oldest son and he took me out for a very nice dinner too.
Please feel free to join me or send me some encouraging words!
Norma’s Dinner Journal
I eat my breakfast and a lunch, which usually consists of the same thing everyday so I thought I would only include my dinners in my food journal below.
Sunday – Roast beef dinner with cauliflower and cabbage.
Monday – Portobello Mushroom Pizza. My rating (Simply Keto cookbook) is 7/10. I rather enjoyed it but it wasn’t a big hit with my hubby though. He politely told me that I didn’t need to make them again. In his defence though, mushrooms are not his favourite.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Fat Bombs. (Simply Keto cookbook) 10/10. These were a big hit! The little bits of raspberries in these fat bombs was beyond amazing. My tastebuds were jumping for joy after eating these little morsels of pure heaven! I’m going to see what happens with adding blueberries instead next time.
Tuesday – Made Egg Drop Soup (Simply Keto cookbook) with Caesar Salad. Our family rating for the soup is 7.5/10 – it didn’t look all that appetizing but the soup itself was rather tasty though.
Wednesday – Leftovers from last night.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Simply Keto cookbook). Rating 10/10. I thought avocado was an interesting ingredient to use in a pudding so I just had to give this recipe a try. Oh my, I am truly amazed how delicious this pudding tasted. Hubby thought it tasted fabulous too and told me I could make this recipe anytime I wanted to.
Thursday – Chicken and broccoli.
Friday – Salami & cheese quesadilla made with low-carb tortillas.
Saturday – Lettuce wrapped cheeseburger with caesar salad.
I prepared a Rocket Fuel Latte every morning to take to work with me. I am not a coffee drinker at all but for some reason I quite enjoy this drink! The first time I made it though I wasn’t sure if I would make it again. It definitely is growing on me.
- Weight: ⬇️ 1.6 lbs
- Start Date: October 20, 2018
- Sleep: I have pretty much tried to close down the computer at 10:00 every evening and I have noticed that I am feeling and getting a little more tired earlier than my normal 2:00 a.m. – I have progressed to 1:00 a.m. – It’s a start! LOL I just wish that I wouldn’t wake up every hour on the hour after I go to sleep. So annoying!!
- Energy Level: My energy level has definitely improved from last week and I have been a little more active too!
- Difficulty Level: So I find if I plan and prepare the difficulty level is rather low but if I don’t then it becomes more of an issue. There is lots of cooking and preparing. I have to learn to make time to cook.
- Goals: Drink more water! Only weigh myself once a week, Saturdays.
- Affirmation: I let go of any guilt I hold around food choices.
Random Thoughts: I am extremely pleased with my overall progress this week and I have definitely noticed a change in my clothes. I tried on a sweater this morning that I am extremely happy to say was a little too big for me.
Do you have a keto recipe to share with me? Any comments are welcome! 🙂