The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman is available today! This is the perfect book for all us bookworms out there who love anything bookish and like our main character would rather read over anything else. We highly recommend grabbing this one as soon as you can and spending some time with our fun, imaginative and very entertaining bookish introverted millennial heroine Nina Hill!
Abbi Waxman nails it here with everything about this story and our main character Nina Hill. I loved everything about this story and Nina. Nina is a character that I am sure any bookworm can relate to and she has all the traits that make up the DNA of us book lovers. I have never related so much to a character before and I instantly connected to her.
Abbi Waxman does such a fantastic job here using wit and humor yet care as she explores love and the dynamics between family, friends and the love of reading in such a unique way. She creates fun, colourful and likable characters that bring some chaos and anxiety to Nina’s quiet and organized life. We see how Nina grows and adapts to the changes that life throws at her in such a hopeful and feel good way that outshines anything I have read before.
I could go on and on about all the things I loved about this story but will end my review by saying Abbi Waxman has set the bar here for me by creating such a compelling, introvert, giving her conflicts, adding layers of depth to her and then letting her grow. I can’t recommend it enough!
Delightful, amusing, & full of heart!
THE BOOKISH LIFE OF NINA HILL by ABBI WAXMAN is an engaging, fun, charming, and lighthearted tale that totally captures the beauty and life of a bookworm perfectly. I was immediately taken with this story and found myself totally mesmerized and in awe of how relatable, thoughtful and fantastic this story was. I pretty much had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading this book.
ABBI WAXMAN delivers an interesting, witty, endearing, and beautifully written read here with lovable and quirky characters and a setting that totally captivated and intrigued me. I think reading a book about a bookworm is probably one of the most satisfying, pleasurable, gratifying and validating experiences out there and so relatable to all of us book lovers. I was totally taken and fascinated with Nina Hill’s character and she fully captured my heart. There were so many times I felt a strong kinship to Nina and nodding in agreement to pretty much every aspect of her character and to plenty of scenarios in this book.
I loved reading Nina’s day planner pages and how they were used as chapter breaks which definitely added a little extra flare to the novel for me.
- Cover: Pretty, intriguing, whimsical, eye-catching and a fitting representation to storyline. I absolutely love everything about this cover — especially the color schemes.
- Title: Appealing, intriguing and absolutely love how perfect the title is to the storyline. The title of this book definitely enticed me to read it. Anything book related in the title I’m in!
- Writing/Prose: Well-written, beautiful, witty, fluid, fun, engaging, and captivating. I totally connected with and absolutely loved ABBI WAXMAN’S writing style.
- Plot: Fun, humorous, touching, memorable, perfectly-paced, absorbing, enjoyable and entertaining.
- Ending: The last line of this book was perfection! Absolutely loved it!
- Overall: I absolutely adored this book and didn’t want it to end! It definitely gave me that huggable, warm and fuzzy feeling! Would highly recommend!
Thank to Elisha at Berkley Publishing for providing us with an advanced copy of this book.